Saturday, January 15, 2011

First Day of Classes!….. Finally!


Friday January 14, 2011
I woke up today and attended my first official class of the 2011 spring semester! My first class of the day is Global Studies, which starts at 9:20am every A day. This is the one class that all the students on board have to attend. Since I go to Asbury, I’ve never had a class with more than about 35 people. My Global Studies class however, has around 250 students! The teacher seems very on top of things considering we have already separated into our groups for our group projects. My second A day class takes place at 4:15. This class is a Philosophy class focusing on Global Ethics. I know this will be one of my favorite classes because the content and the discussions we’ll be covering throughout the semester sound very interesting and the professor hates lecture style teaching so we’ll be talking a lot (which I’m good at!) Ha ha.

After taking a nap and eating dinner, the ship began to slow down as we stopped to refuel in Puerto Rico. Even though it was dark, it was fun to think that I was in Puerto Rico for about 7 hours. Only one more day left until we reach Roseau, Dominica! Everyone is getting super antsy and we’re more than ready to get off of the ship and explore this small island in the Caribbean.

1 comment:

  1. Your excitement puts a smile on my face! Glad to know that your mind and heart will be stimulated by the professors and other students. Enjoy your first excursions on the island of Dominica. It will be a great time for student bonding. I miss you and will look forward to your next entry.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete