Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day #2


Wednesday January 12, 2011

The next morning was a great change as I was on time to the ship and the line of students waiting to go through security to board the ship went fairly quickly! Starting all the way back in Dallas up until now, I have continued to meet so many nice people from all over the U.S. as well as several international students. After boarding the ship and checking in, I went straight to check out my room. I am on Deck 2, which is the lowest passenger level of the ship. I have an outside room so I have a small window looking out at the ocean and it reminds me of a submarine window. Only after being in my room for about 5 minutes my roommate walked in. I am so happy to say that she and I are getting along great! Her name is Emily and she is from Minnesota and goes to school at the University of Colorado at Boulder. After roaming the ship and meeting tons of new people all day long we finally left the port in Nassau at 8:30 pm Wednesday night! Not only was it a relief to finally be here, but everyone was full of excitement as we waved goodbye to the parents (who looked like ants by the way) as we slowly pulled away from the dock and started our adventure around the world! Of course, only a few hours after leaving the dock, orientation began! I am sorry to say that I do have motion sickness and so getting sick the first night was not the most enjoyable experience, but ever since then I’ve been totally fine! No worries! After a good nights rest, as the ship rocked me to sleep, I was more than ready to wake up in the morning and begin my first official day at sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment