Saturday, January 22, 2011

Amazonia


Friday 21st, 2011

So for those of you who are confused on where I am at this exact moment in time, the MV Explorer (the ship that I'm on) is currently making its way down the Amazon River.
Apparently, I either didn't pay attention in geography or my teacher didn't talk much about the Amazon River because the image I had in my head prior to this trip is nothing like what I've seen for the past 2 days! This River is HUGE!!!!! Honestly, the view from the ship looks like we're sailing on a huge lake! That's how wide the river is in some parts! Today, while trying to get some reading done, I kept getting distracted, as I wanted to take pictures of everything I saw! There were cattle and horses grazing in extremely green fields, men in fishing boats, and kids standing on the shoreline with their house in the background as they stood frozen as they watched us float by. I haven't even gotten the chance to see the rain forest up close, but it already looks incredible from the view I have from the ship!



No comments:

Post a Comment